Amsterdam, The Netherlands
About us: Iconic brand, tiny company.
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory, but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that start-up acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we are building: tools for creators.
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
The role of Demand Planner falls within the Global Planning team and reports to the Head of Global Planning. The Demand Planner contributes to Polaroid’s monthly S&OP process by working closely with internal stakeholders (in particular the global Sales team) to update the rolling unit- and revenue forecast on a monthly basis, in order to provide the company an accurate outlook on the business for both direct-to-consumer as wholesale channel. The Demand Planner will cooperate with the Supply planners within the team to support the right supply plans and inventory levels globally.
At Polaroid we constantly seek for opportunities to bring the company to the next level. Polaroid has recently implemented its new Demand planning tool by Vuealta, on Anaplan platform. The Demand Planner will continue to switch demand planning processes to the new tool, tweak the data in the system and make the company familiar with it. Next to that, the Demand Planner will continue to work with the Vuealta team to improve the tool and further professionalize.
Objectives of the role:
- Own the monthly Demand planning process by publishing forecast updates and lead the demand review meetings.
- Improve forecast accuracy.
- Roll out and improve our demand planning process on Anaplan platform.
- Contribute to yearly and quarterly budget- and goal setting.
- Collaborate with supply planning and customer service team on stock allocations.
- Manage unit- & revenue sales forecasts (short & long term) on key customer, regional and global level.
- Manage conversion of aggregate inputs into item-level demand forecast.
- Manage data in Demand planning tool and create/monitor forecasts in the system.
- Work on trend- and category analysis.
- Review sales- and market data against forecasts and perform corrective actions to the forecast.
- Collaborate with internal Product team to implement roadmap changes in sales forecast, and provide useful information to improve Polaroid’s portfolio.
- Collaborate with- and challenge sales team on key account forecast input.
- Analyze, escalate and solve potential bottlenecks in sales forecasts.
- Lead monthly Demand review meetings with internal stakeholders.
- Proactively manage workload and time to meet deadlines.
The ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain or other relevant field.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in a demand planning- or similar role.
- Experience with demand planning tool, preferably Anaplan, is a must.
- Technical understanding of the data connectivity between ERP and demand planning tool is a pre.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Data driven and analytical.
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Pro-actively seeking for opportunities to improve, processes and personally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of inventory management.
- Team player.
- Dares to speak up.
- Capability to multitask in fast-paced environment
What to expect
This is a full-time job based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of Global Planning.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV with any other relevant information to our recruitment team email@example.com or apply via Polaroid.com or apply via LinkedIn.